Friday, January 30, 2009

Moments 1

Life review shows the brief moments that gave meaning to our whole lives.

I remember growing up in a rural community with one road over a hill between where I lived and the kids I wanted to play with - over the hill.

One evening as darkness came I headed home.  As I saw the top of the hill, there were 8 or 9 kids that lived on my side of the hill.  They had a mean streak and often tried to cause me trouble.  Here they were gathered together in my only path home.  As I walked, leading my bike, I wondered what would happen when I got to them.

I just kept on walking and amazingly, since I didn't break pace, I found myself walking through them - without being touched!

A real life-lesson - there may be a chink in the stone wall that faces us - and the appearance of danger or destruction may fall away.

No comments: