Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To Affirm or not to Affirm.

Roilling Along with Merrily

As we learn many things about our minds, we are taught about affirmations. They work amazingly many, many times. Then there comes the time when no matter how much you affirm, the "thing" just wom't move.

This is when I suggest that it has roots - deeper underground than the surface positive flow. we're taught to use only positive words in these affirmation - keeping the "not" words out.

Well, I'm suggesting that we may need to uproot the more firmly held thought below the surface and declare that they don't have a hold on us any more.

If it's fear - we've affirmed that I go forward with faith. But "it" hasn't moved so try "I don't fear the successful outcome I need (or wish). This may go into that more deeply held fear. I've found that it works.


No comments: